- NEVER flush anything down the toilet besides human waste and toilet paper. Even if wipes say “flushable” they should not be flushed because they will clog your line.
- Regularly check toilet for leaks and make sure it is not running. Keeping your toilet clean can help spot leaks or problems with plumbing fairly quickly.
- Do not use chemical drain cleaner to unclog drains as it can damage the pipes.
- Keep your water heater well maintained and flushed regularly.
- Do not put food or food scraps down your garbage disposal as it can cause your disposal to jam or break. Throw the food/scraps away instead.